Let me cut to the chase and give you the most important details about this $50 blog offer up front.
1) The listed fee of $50 only stands if you DON’T already have web hosting for your blog. See, I can only afford to work this cheap if you use my special promo code to sign up for a new account on HostGator (a very highly regarded hosting company), which results in a nice commission for me.
2) On top of my one-time fee of $50, you will have to pay extra for hosting and a domain name. If you just want the basics and are willing to roll with a free WordPress theme, that means you’ll pay nothing more than an additional $78 for the first year, and less than $98 for every year thereafter (which is an extremely competitive price, shop around and see for yourself).
3) I offer select add-ons for those of you who really want to do this right. Such add-ons include premium WordPress themes (+$50-150), mailing list setup (+$50), and transferring content from an existing blog (+$50). Click here for more details.
4) Once you put through your order and send me everything I need to get started, I’ll get right to work and have your blog ready within 72 hours. That promise stands regardless of whatever add-ons and such you might request.
Sound good so far?
Alright, let’s get into some more detail here…
I can’t say enough about the great job you have done with my website. Your costumer support is unbeatable, your service is very quick, and I’m particularly happy about how you go above and beyond to help me with those technical details that bothered me. Quality, expertise and a friendly job! - María Ortega Garcia, Online Spanish Tutor
What I’ll do
1) Install and configure the WordPress software (a.k.a. “get the blog up and running for you”).
2) Hook up a theme of your choice so the blog looks nice and sharp. (You can check my own selection of the best free themes here or simply google “free WordPress themes.” Or you can pick out a premium theme.)
3) Install select plugins for your blog that will help you get listed in search engines, let you see who’s visiting your blog, increase reader engagement, and fight comment spam.
4) Show you the basics of using the blog by providing 15 video training tutorials that demonstrate how to do common tasks like writing posts, adding photos, making links, etc.
Wow — you have GREAT video tutorials in your support section. I’m pretty familiar with WordPress, and even I learned some new stuff watching the videos. - Kennedi Rose, Face & Fitness
How this works
Alright, I’m assuming since you’ve read this far you must be pretty interested in taking me up on this legendary offer. Giggidy. Let me run through the process so you know what comes next…
1) You submit the order form at the top of this page (in the sidebar). I receive your order and do a happy dance.
2) I then send you an email with some ridiculously easy step-by-step instructions that will guide you through the process of buying your hosting and domain name. Again, those two things will cost you no more than $78 from HostGator (and only $98 for every year thereafter).
3) You email me the information I need to get started with the blog set-up, as described in that same step-by-step process. This will include the login info for your hosting account (don’t worry; this won’t give me access to your credit card info or anything like that), your choice of WordPress theme, and some other bits and pieces.
4) Within 72 hours, I’ll get your blog set up as described above.
5) I’ll then send you the essential information you’ll need to get started blogging, including links to 15 screencasts I created which show you how to log in to the administration area, how to write posts, etc.
6) You check out your new online digs, then go ahead and change your passwords so I can’t sneak back in later to do evil stuff. Not that I’d want to or anything
Feeling good? Ready to do this?
Alright, brilliant. Scroll back up to the top of the page and submit that order form. Or check out the FAQs below if you need more info.
Niall offers one of the most professional services I’ve worked with. He’s extremely prompt, clear and direct, all while travelling the world in the process! I didn’t have to worry about anything, all I did was follow the very easy-to-read guide and let him take care of the rest. If you’re thinking about starting a blog, start here. It doesn’t get any easier than this. - Will Peach, travelinksites.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I really need to pay for a blog? Aren’t there lots of free blogging services out there?
No you don’t and yes there are. If you’re new to blogging and unsure if it’s really for you, I’d advise you NOT to invest any money in it just yet. Start a free blog on something like wordpress.com and spend a few weeks getting your feet wet. After that, should you realize that blogging is indeed the cats pajamas and you decide to take it to the next level, come back and see me. Because as a real-deal blogger you will need a real stand-alone blog with its own legendary.com address, and not something silly like meh.blogspot.com. Plus you’ll want a solid foundation which you’ll be able to tweak and modify and enhance as your audience grows, and your own WordPress installation provides just that.
What the hell is WordPress?
It’s what us geeks call a content management system. It allows you to update your blog from any web browser (no more messing with Dreamweaver or the likes), provides a whole load of great functionality, and is without a doubt the #1 blog publishing tool out there (even heavyweights like CNN, eBay and Ford use it). You can find out more about the software at wordpress.org, or give it a quick spin yourself at wordpress.com.
What payment options do I have?
You pay me via PayPal or Google Checkout as soon as you click the ORDER NOW button above. Note that you will need an account with one of those services to send payment. Millions of people trust PayPal and Google Checkout with their info though, so no worries there.
As for HostGator, they accept both PayPal and credit card payments.
Can I see some examples of blogs you’ve already created via this offer?
Absolutely. Check out the portfolio section to see other blogs that were set up via this offer.
I have more questions about all this, how can I contact you?
Shoot me a message via this page. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Niall is the sort of talent you simply can’t afford to miss. As a web designer and developer, he works fast… He’s thorough, extraordinarily detailed and communicative, fair and honest, and just “gets it”. When the opportunity presents itself to work with Niall, don’t hesitate… Having him on our side was a game-changer that helped us stand-out from the rest. - Sean Bradley, Founder & CEO of Bravoflix